Mourne Shooting Grounds is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand
your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Mourne Shooting Grounds in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Mourne Shooting Grounds
- Phone: 042 9745953,
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is Mourne Shooting Grounds
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Sean Gilliland
- 087 9969946
Purpose for processing your data
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
In order for us to provide you with an online booking service for safety courses and to book Shooting Events, also to deliver the necessary products purchased from ourselves, also to get in contact with the customer in relation to any enquiries, Mourne Shooting Grounds need to collect personal data for
Our reason (lawful reason) for processing you data under the GDPR is:
- Contractual – Mourne Shooting Grounds needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract of Purchasing a Firearm or completing any of the necessary paperwork for ownership to which the individual has entered into or because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract.
In any event, Mourne Shooting Grounds are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Mourne Shooting Grounds use the personal data it collects about me?
Mourne Shooting Grounds will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Mourne Shooting Grounds in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Mourne Shooting Grounds procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
Clay Sporting Ireland for any of the Training Courses.
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data subject rights:
Mourne Shooting Grounds facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Mourne Shooting Grounds refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Mourne Shooting Grounds will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Mourne Shooting Grounds or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Mourne Shooting Grounds data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
If we are collecting your data for a contract (e.g. Life policy or motor insurance policy) and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
If we have received your personal data from another source we will endeavour to share with you:
- one month of obtaining the personal data, in accordance with the specific circumstances of the processing;
- at the first instance of communicating in circumstances where the personal data is used to communicate with the data subject;
- when personal data is first disclosed in circumstances where the personal data is disclosed to another recipient.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.